Monday, April 27, 2009

Blackberry Dekstop Manager software looking for 8830.msi

Recently one of my users tried to launch the blackberry desktop manager and was getting an error..see the below screen shot. The software was looking for the 8830.msi file and I could not find it in the system.




I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop manager and still the same error popped up. So I started my journey in finding this file on the internet. The user had a blackberry with verizon service. You can find 2 versions of the desktop manager software. One on blackberry's website and the other on Verizon website. I downloaded the Dektop manager from Verizon site and started the install. During the installation process I navigated to the following directory..see below..Ahh..I was able to to find the 8830.msi file.




As soon as the installation process is complete the installer deletes all the temp files including the 8830.msi setup file. . So I made a quick copy of this file. Now I launched the desktop manager and when it was looking for this particular file I pointed to the location and the error went away. Many people are facing this error and I thought writing this post may save some time for users searching a solution to this problem.

Few people may find this solution also useful - Message 28 of 29

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=2366&page=3



1 comment:

21st Century Software Solutions said...

VMWare Online Training, ONLINE TRAINING – IT SUPPORT – CORPORATE TRAINING http://www.21cssindia.com/courses/vmware-online-training-81.html The 21st Century Software Solutions of India offers one of the Largest conglomerations of Software Training, IT Support, Corporate Training institute in India - +919000444287 - +917386622889 - Visakhapatnam,Hyderabad VMWare Online Training, VMWare Training, VMWare, VMWare Online Training| VMWare Training| VMWare| "Courses at 21st Century Software Solutions
Talend Online Training -Hyperion Online Training - IBM Unica Online Training - Siteminder Online Training - SharePoint Online Training - Informatica Online Training - SalesForce Online Training - Many more… | Call Us +917386622889 - +919000444287 - contact@21cssindia.com
Visit: http://www.21cssindia.com/courses.html"